[LinuxPPS] ntpsec w/ LinuxPPS?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 2 15:45:06 CEST 2018

On 02-07-18 15:36, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Le vendredi 29 juin 2018 à 17:07 +0200, Rodolfo Giometti a écrit :
>> Any help is then appreciated. :-)
>
> As Udo, if you can manage to have some access to the machine or even
> better a backup of the current (even broken) state, I can see if I can
> manage to extract something out of it.
> Or if you don't have time, just give me the access and I can talk to
> whoever I need to to try to retrieve something.

That is indeed the idea but currently I learned nothing but:
- MySQL won't start (no specifics)
- Box is not Rodolfo's
- Access is not possible

Is it a VM? Then they could copy the VM someplace.
If it is an iron box: could they image the harddrive?
Copy the database files?
Etc.

ssh access to the box with sufficient priviliges (yes, I know how to
deal with those in responsible manner) would work best to gather intel
and possibly fix the issue.
After fix we could look into offsite backups.

Udo