[LinuxPPS] taming the gps18x

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Fri Mar 16 11:05:22 CET 2018

On 16/03/18 10:59, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> On 16-03-18 10:44, Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
>>> Why isn't the clear timestamp incrementing but /is/ the assert timestamp
>>> incrementing?
>>
>> Take a look at pps_event() function into linux/drivers/pps/kapi.c. Did
>> you set PPS_CAPTURECLEAR or have you enabled clear events IRQ?
>
> I did not change the sources w.r.t. PPS for the kernel or ntpsec.
>
> Please explain how/where to do this.

If you see at the code you can discover that a CLEAR event is registered only if
NTPd enables PPS_CAPTURECLEAR flags and if the hardware is configured to
generate the CLEAR event (usually and IRQ line).

HCE Engineering                      e-mail: giometti at hce-engineering.it
GNU/Linux Solutions                          giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti
Cosino Project - the quick prototyping embedded system - www.cosino.it
Freelance ICT Italia - Consulente ICT Italia - www.consulenti-ict.it