[LinuxPPS] taming the gps18x

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 16 11:23:46 CET 2018

On 16-03-18 11:05, Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
>> Please explain how/where to do this.
>
> If you see at the code you can discover that a CLEAR event is registered
> only if NTPd enables PPS_CAPTURECLEAR flags and if the hardware is
> configured to generate the CLEAR event (usually and IRQ line).

On the firewall we see:

ntpd[30195]: REFCLOCK: refclock_params: kernel PLL (hardpps, RFC 1589)
not implemented
ntpd[30195]: REFCLOCK: NMEA(0) set PPSAPI params fails

On the workstation we see the normal config:

      --- PPS support

      [ ]   PPS debugging messages

            *** PPS clients support ***

      <M>   Kernel timer client (Testing client, use for debug)

      <*>   PPS line discipline

On the firewall we see the similar

      <*> PPS support

      [ ]   PPS debugging messages

            *** PPS clients support ***

      <M>   Kernel timer client (Testing client, use for debug)

      <*>   PPS line discipline

The different 'PPS support' line is due to kernel version difference.
PPS line discipline is configured on both.
So why does set PPSAPI params fail?

Udo