[LinuxPPS] PPS Information and Assistance

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Fri Aug 28 17:11:20 CEST 2020

On 28/08/2020 16:34, Chang, Benjamin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking to set up a PPS into my Linux OS. I found the linuxpps.org site and
> was reading the technical_information section and seem to be missing something.
> From the “Testing the PPS support section,” it mentions to see the client
> subsection in the PPS configuration menu (to enable pps-ktimer). Where is this
> located?

$ ls linux/drivers/pps/clients/
Kconfig  Makefile  pps-gpio.c  pps-ktimer.c  pps-ldisc.c  pps_parport.c

> There only seems to be two pages of info on the linuxpps.org page, the
> Technical_Information and FAQ pages. Am I missing something?

On those pages there are all that you need, however additional documentation is
also into:

linux/Documentation/driver-api/pps.rst

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti