[LinuxPPS] pps userland tools fail to build

Scott Doty on linux-pps list scott-lpps at ponzo.net
Mon Dec 1 21:30:32 CET 2008

Hal V. Engel wrote:
> On Saturday 29 November 2008 05:19:54 Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>
>> Thorsten Mühlfelder wrote:
>>
>>> And this is the output:
>>> /usr/include/linux/errno.h:4:23: error: asm/errno.h: No such file or
>>> directory
>>>
>> Install kernel-headers.
>>
>> About the nano-patched glibc: is the fedora glib* patched?
>> How can I tell?
>>

> Probably not.  You can have a look at /usr/include/sys/timex.h to see if it
> has STA_NANO defined.  If it does then you have a patched glibc.  But this is
> very uncommon and I suspect that at this point no distros have it as a
> standard package.

I see this macro in /usr/include/linux/timex.h in Fedora 10 (just released)

$ fgrep -Rli STA_NANO /usr/include
/usr/include/linux/timex.h

$ rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/include/linux/timex.h
kernel-headers-2.6.27.5-117.fc10.x86_64

:) !

-Scott

p.s. I haven't really been keeping up, but:  is now a good time
to jump back into the world of LinuxPPS?