[LinuxPPS] parallel port PPS with FreeBSD

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Mon Dec 22 23:33:55 CET 2008

> Perhaps this question may be totally off topic or considered to be part of
> the 'newbie category' but I tried to activate PPS on the parallel port (lpt0)
> with FreeBSD.

FreeBSD has its own PPS system, and does not use linuxPPS.

Both the Serial and PPS lines get symlinked to the same device for a serial
device,
for a parallel device, I WILL ASSUME that you have to load some special module
to turn the lp device into a pps device.

Better ask on a FreeBSD mailing list, or troll the documentation.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com