[LinuxPPS] Debugging the pps

Marc Leclerc marc-leclerc at signaturealpha.com
Sat Apr 30 01:07:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

When the PPS system starts, how does it goes about finding PPS sources?
We have gone right to the soc (vortex86DX) DCD pin for a signal and its
there so the interrupt on IRQ3 (ttyS1) is getting there and is shown
incrementing in /proc/interrupt. but beside the messages at boot there
is no sign at all of the subsystem. even with debugging enabled...
should there not be at least a log entry pass boot that its trying
something? I had that working on our old board ok (arm based with a GPIO
driver) but on this one I am clueless as of now

Thanks